This post covers 7 best Copysmith alternatives & competitors, including writing tools better suited for teachers, students, researchers, content re-phrasing, AI detection, and more.
Copysmith is an AI-powered content generation tool that’s aimed exclusively at marketing writers and SEO writers, offering features such as:
- Product descriptions
- Bulk content generation
- eCommerce store integrations (such as a Shopify integration)
- AI image generation
But Copysmith is not going to be the right tool for everyone. Below, we review 7 of the best Copysmith alternatives available and sort them by use case.
- Smodin – Best Overall
- Jasper – Good Alternative for Marketing Teams
- ProwritingAid – Good for Long-Form Content
- Writesonic – Good for Ad Writing
- Smart Copy – Good for Copywriting
- Hemingway – Good for Style and Tone Edits
- Rytr – Good for Marketing Writing
*Note: At the time of this writing, Copysmith is turning into Describerly, so some of the specifics of what they offer may have changed.
1. Smodin – Best Overall
Smodin is an all-in-one AI-powered writing tool. It’s our choice for the best Copysmith alternative, as it can be used by all types of writers – from marketers and blog writers to students, teachers, and other professional writers.
Get started with Smodin for free. Or keep reading to learn about Smodin’s key features, including:
- AI Essay Grader
- AI Article Generator
- AI Essay Writer
- Plagiarism Checker
- AI Content Detector
Smodin’s AI Grader is a great tool for students and teachers. Simply upload an essay and get it graded – following whatever rubric you want. This is helpful for teachers who have a lot of essays to grade and want to use AI to expedite the process. It’s also perfect for students who want to see how their essay is progressing.
Here’s a quick overview of how the AI Grader works.
First, customize your AI Grader settings. Pick whether you want to grade the essay with Standard AI or Advanced AI. For the most detailed feedback, stick with advanced AI. You can grade essays in English and dozens of other languages.
Then, assign your rubric. You can pick default criteria from Smodin, like “analytical thinking” and “clarity,” or upload your own. Our AI grader will evaluate the essay based on this rubric.
Once that’s done, upload the essay, and Smodin will grade it. In seconds, Smodin analyzes your content based on the rubric. Then, your content gets a letter grade. Again, imagine using this as a student to see your essay’s score before sending it to your teacher.
The AI easy grader makes it easy to make changes to your essay. The rationale behind your paper’s grade is broken down on the left side of the screen. This rationale explains how your essay performed in light of your defined criteria.
You can use Smodin to write articles for you. This feature is perfect for students but also bloggers, web marketers, and content writers.
You can choose the language you want your article written in, the title or keywords (if you want your content to rank for a specific keyword, then use that keyword), how long your article should be, and whether it needs an image and a conclusion.
Smodin will propose an article outline, showing you all the main sections and subsections of the article. You can edit this outline to customize the approach to your strategy/needs.
Once you click “Generate Article,” Smodin will write the entire article for you in seconds.
You can then:
- Edit the article
- Request revisions
- Or accept the article as written
Smodin produces 20,000 high-quality essays each day.
With Smodin’s AI essay writer, you get:
- An AI research assistant: Our advanced AI algorithm lets you find relevant sources for any sentence or text. This is perfect for research papers and academic writing.
- Structured text: Our AI tools work together to create a logical flow and coherent argument in your essay. This will help your essay read better and will improve your chances of a good score when it comes to “clarity,” “structure,” and “critical thinking.” These are all key aspects of any essay grading rubric.
- Different essay types: You can have Smodin write a descriptive essay, persuasive essay, expository essay, argumentative essay, compare and construct essay, and narrative essay.
You can try it out for free by entering 5 words describing your topic.
For example, here’s what it looks like to have Smodin write an essay on France’s involvement in the American Revolution.
We suggested the title “France’s Role in the American Revolution.” Smodin recommended changing the title to the much more engaging “France’s Crucial Role in the American Revolution.”
It’s a much better title that also helps structure the piece. Now, the essay is about how France played a key role in the revolution.
Then, Smodin proposes an outline.
You can change the outline if necessary. If no changes are necessary, click “Generate Essay.”
Note: The essay workflow above is part of our free plan. Smodin can generate longer and more detailed essays (including cited sources) when you upgrade your account.
Copysmith doesn’t have a rewriter tool, making Smodin’s AI rewriter a good option if you want to re-write/paraphrase existing content. Re-writing is great for bloggers, students, and other writers who are working with many different content types and struggle to put things “in their own words.”
It’s also a great way to avoid AI detection and plagiarism.
Just paste the content you want to rewrite, then let Smodin’s rewriter do the work.
Smodin turns your existing content into new, original content that retains the original version’s meaning.
Plus, Smodin makes it easy to confirm that the new content isn’t accidentally plagiarized.
Smodin’s plagiarism checker is another tool that Smodin has that Copysmith does not.
Sometimes, writers plagiarize intentionally; other times, it’s accidental. Either way, it’s never permitted, and you must ensure your content is plagiarism-free before submitting it – whether as a student or a professional writer.
Just paste or upload the text you want to check to check for plagiarism. Smodin will scan online files and databases for similar/exact content.
If it finds plagiarized content, Smodin lists the sources of where that content has been published before.
This is perfect for:
- Students who have written a paper but have forgotten where they sourced a quote.
- Teachers and academic institutions that need to check for plagiarism
Smodin can also check for AI-written content. It’s easy to do and very accurate.
Here’s a paragraph we asked ChatGPT to write.
We then put that paragraph in our AI detection tool.
And voila, it’s correctly graded at 100% likely to be written by AI.
The above is a partial list of what makes Smodin such a good Copysmith alternative. You can also use Smodin to generate:
- Story scripts
- Recommendation letters
- Reference letters
- Personal bios
- A thesis
- Research papers
- Title and headline generators
2. Jasper – Good for Marketers
JasperAI is a good Copysmith alternative if your focus is only marketing writing.
Jasper is a versatile marketing writer – it can be used across all marketing strategies. Marketers can use Jasper to write blog posts, product descriptions, and professional emails.
Plus, Jasper can integrate with GPT-3.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of what you can get from Jasper:
- AI-powered copywriting
- AI-led content strategy
- AI blog writing
- AI-powered SEO
But JasperAI can be too expensive for some writers. Pricing plans start at $39 per month (when you pay month to month). This entry-level pricing plan is for individuals. You’ll need to spend more if you’re part of a team.
At the time of this writing, Jasper has over 1800 reviews with an average star rating of 4.8/5.
3. ProwritingAid – Good for Creative Writers
ProWritingAid is an all-in-one AI writing tool.
With ProWritingAid, you can check grammar/spelling, evaluate your style, and see detailed reports about your piece’s structure and overall readability.
ProWritingAid has helpful features for:
- Creative writers
- Professional (non-creative) writers
- Higher education
- Tools for non-native English speakers
ProWritingAid can do a lot of in-depth, comprehensive analysis. Think of It as a pro-level tool for very serious writers. It’s also popular in the creative writing community, championed by short story writers and novelists who want to edit/revise their manuscripts.
However, its features can be overwhelming and overkill for some writers. For example, if you’re working mainly with blogs or just need to grade your essays, ProWritingAid will come with many unnecessary features.
It also doesn’t have a reputation for being ideal for marketing writing and SEO writing.
At the time of this writing, ProWritingAid has over 430 reviews with an average star rating of 4.6/5.
4. Writesonic – Good for Copywriting
Writesonic is an AI content creation platform. It’s used primarily by marketers. Specifically those who want to write ad copy. But Writesonic can also help writers brainstorm blog post ideas and generate product descriptions.
These are some of Writesonic’s core features:
- AI writing: Writesonic has an AI article writer, a paraphrasing tool, a summarizing tool, and more. These templates help you use AI to create relevant and engaging content.
- Chatsonic: Writesonic’s chat tool is an alternative to ChatGPT. You can use it to converse, integrate with Google Search, chat with PDF, and create AI images.
- Botsonic: You can use Botsonic for no-code chatbot creation. This means you can create sophisticated chatbots without any coding experience.
- AI Art Generator: You can use Writesonic to detail what kind of images you want – and in what style – and Writesonic will use AI-powered technology to create those images.
- Audiosonic: You can use Writesonic to help diversify your content – by using text-to-speech AI tools. Now, your text-based content can be transformed into podcasts and more.
At this time, Writesonic has over 1800 reviews with an average star rating of 4.8/5.
5. Smart Copy – Good for Ad Copy
Smart Copy is an AI writing tool from Unbounce.
You can use Smart Copy to:
- Create landing pages: You can use Smart Copy’s Classic Builder, which is a drag-and-drop landing page builder that lets you customize and control nearly every aspect of your design. You can also use Smart Copy’s Smart Builder, which uses a combination of AI and Unbounce’s landing page experience to build a landing page for you quickly.
- Write copy: You can use Smart Copy as a writing tool, which can help eliminate writers’ block, save time, and write a lot more copy.
- Optimize traffic: You can use Smart Copy to optimize your traffic. This means you can use an AI-powered conversion optimization tool to direct traffic to the best landing page for them.
At the time of this writing, Unbounce’s Smart Copy has only 1 review with a star rating of 5/5
6. Hemingway – Best to Improve Style
Unlike the other tools we discussed above as Copysmith alternatives, the Hemingway Editor is a free tool that tries to improve content readability. So it’s not a tool that can generate content for you, but can improve your content.
To use the free app, paste your content into the Hemingway Editor. Immediately (see the image above), Hemingway highlights lengthy, complex sentences, unnecessary adverbs, and passive voice.
Your score gets a readability grade, so you can see if it’s “hard to read” or not. This means you can use Hemingway in tandem with all of the tools we cover in this post. And because it’s free, you don’t need to worry about adding more money to your content production budget.
Plus, you can easily publish content from the app to WordPress or Medium.
But writers should keep in mind that:
- The edits are just suggestions: Hemingway tells you the quantitative facts about the content — how long it is, how many adverbs, whether it’s passive voice, etc. It doesn’t tell you if it’s good, clear or engaging. If you go through and make changes based on Hemingway, your content might become incomprehensible. Plus, by definition, edits Hemingway suggests will almost always shorten your content, which could hurt if you have word count requirements.
- It won’t help you write more content: Hemingway can be useful for a skilled writer who wants to refine/improve their writing. But if you’re struggling to write an essay or article, it won’t help.
At the time of this writing, Hemingway has 11 reviews with an average star of rating of 4.4 out of 5
7. Rytr – Good for Marketing Writing
Ryter is an AI writing assistant that you can use for several different use cases, such as:
- Blog idea outlines: Come up with good ideas for your next blog posts with Rytr
- Blow writing: Once you have your idea, you can use Rytr to write the blog post itself.
- Create a brand name: Describe your business and let Rytr develop creative and catchy names for your brand or business.
- Create a business pitch: You can use Rytr to simplify your ideas into one compelling, coherent elevator-style business pitch.
- Generate catchy call to actions: You can use Rytr to come up with CTAs, which you can then test to see which ones are more likely to convert.
- And more.
In nearly all of these use cases, you can pick the language, style, and tone of the writing. That way, Ryter’s content fits nicely within your brand and voice.
At the time of this writing, Rytr has over 15 reviews with a rating of 4.6 out of 5.
Next Step: Choosing the Best Copysmith Alternative for You
Above, we looked at several different types of Copysmith alternatives. We looked at tools that can help you a) produce more content, b) write better content, and c) evaluate content (such as grading it, checking for plagiarism, and checking for AI).
The next steps are to try these different tools and see which one works best for you.
A good place to start is with Smodin is an all-in-one AI-powered writing tool. It’s our choice for the best Copysmith alternative, as it can be used by all types of writers – from marketers and blog writers to students, teachers, and other professional writers.
Get started with Smodin for free. Or click below on the feature you’re most interested in: